Architectural Pottery Co., Poole, Dorset
The Architectural Pottery Co was formed in 1854 and opened in 1855. It specialised in floor tiles, mainly encaustic, and also used Bales Patent to create pseudo-mosaic tiles in plastic clay. The company was eventually absorbed into Carter and Co and went on to form the basis of Carter's floor tile manufacturing business. They are best known for supplying blanks to William de Morgan.