J & W Wade & Co., Burslem, Staffordshire
J & W Wade & Co were established as a commercial pottery in 1867 but does not appear to have produced tiles until the mid-1880s. They specialised in relief moulded tiles including portraits. During the early part of the 20th century they also produced a number of tube-lined tiles. Around 1923 the company name changed to A J Wade Ltd and in 1950 to Wade Ltd.