Maw & Co. Ltd., Jackfield, Shropshire
Established in 1850 at Worcester in the old works of Chamberlain & Co. Moved to Broseley in 1852 as a source of better clays. Started as a maker of encaustic tiles, but soon had a wide range of tiles in all types. Moved to larger premises at Jackfield in 1883 and by 1900 were the largest tile company in the world. Continued to make tiles up to 1968 when they were absorbed into H & R Johnson.